Gift: Wisdom- With the gift of wisdom, we see God at work in our lives and in the world. For the wise person, the wonders of nature, historical events, and the ups and downs of our lives take on deeper meaning. The matters of judgment about the truth, and being able to see the image of God.
Reading: Jesus said to her, “Stop holding on to me, 10 for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’” (John 20:17)
Observation: I am hearing the message from gospel reading today that we should not be holding on to Jesus as if his physical presence is going to be what is doing the work to bring the message to more people before the end comes. He is gone. He left us his body and blood in the Eucharist to sustain us until he returns, but just like he tells Mary, he is counting on us to tell others about him. When he returns, it will be in glory to judge the living and the dead.
Application: Peace I will try to be an instrument of peace in my world today. I know that I can only affect change in my little part of the world, but that does not minimize the responsibility to be about making that change happen. In order that God may be glorified through my life, Jesus is sending the holy Spirit to guide me and all Christians, it is my job to be open to the inspiration of the Spirit.
- Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
- Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
- Where there is injury, pardon.
- Where there is doubt, faith.
- Where there is despair, hope.
- Where there is darkness, light.
- Where there is sadness, joy.
- O Divine Master,
- grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
- to be understood, as to understand;
- to be loved, as to love.
- For it is in giving that we receive.
- It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
- and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
- I ask this, as always, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy Spirit. Amen.
- Today’s Gospel April 26, 2011 (cadberry.wordpress.com)
- Happy Easter! (suzanneanderson.net)
- The Father has never stopped working… (lennyhernandez.wordpress.com)