Gift: Counsel (Right Judgment) – With the gift of right judgment, we know the difference between right and wrong, and we choose to do what is right. A person with right judgment avoids sin and lives out the values taught by Jesus.
Reading: I have told you this so that when their hour comes you may remember that I told you. (John 16:4)
Observation: As I read the gospel reading this morning, I was hearing the story as if it were being said about me. However, the truth is that I post about my faith to the world and I am not harmed at all. So, my hour has certainly not come, but the Christians that John was writing about, who were listening to the words of Jesus that day, their hour has come. This revelation that I had about this scripture is leading me to realize that HIS mission is still not done, there is still work to be done.
Personification: Love This is a kind of softball for me to hit today. I mean no disrespect to softball players, but the ball is bigger and a little easier to make contact with. I am focusing on the fruit of love to display today, because Jesus told us yesterday in the gospel reading to love one another. It is my intention to not just talk about it, but take some action that displays that love to others today.
Prayer: (Saint Francis Prayer)
- Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
- Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
- Where there is injury, pardon.
- Where there is doubt, faith.
- Where there is despair, hope.
- Where there is darkness, light.
- Where there is sadness, joy.
- O Divine Master,
- grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
- to be understood, as to understand;
- to be loved, as to love.
- For it is in giving that we receive.
- It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
- and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
- I ask this, as always, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy Spirit. Amen.
- From the mailbox – Jesus loves me! (martinspribble.com)
- How Do I Know I Can’t Lose My Salvation? (onlinebread.wordpress.com)
- God Comes Down (trinitymilford.wordpress.com)