Gift: Knowledge – With the gift of knowledge, we understand the meaning of God’s Revelation, especially as expressed in the life and words of Jesus Christ. A person with knowledge is always learning more about the scriptures and Tradition.
Reading: You will show me the path to life, abounding joy in your presence, the delights at your right hand forever. (Psalms 16:11)
Observation: I have tried to focus on praying the rosary on a daily basis, since the 40 days for life started last week. Ironically enough, the groundbreaking ceremony for a new Planned Parenthood abortion clinic in our community happened on the first day of the National 40 Days for Life campaign. If that is not a call to make this campaign a part of my daily routine, maybe the fact that Ennie Hickman’s reflection on today being the Solemnity of Saint Francis of Assisi included a reminder to pray the rosary daily. It took me a little research to find the readings for today’s Solemnity Mass, but I think the 11th verse of the 16th chapter of Psalms shows why it was worth the time it took to find today.
Personification: Faithfulness I can’t say that I have been able to pray a rosary every day since September 28th, or the beginning of the 40 Days for Life. However, I am resolved to take the verse that I chose from the Psalms to reflect on today, and the call from Ennie Hickman’s blog post yesterday, as a reminder to display the fruit of faithfulness like Saint Francis of Assisi. As if all the other “coincidences” weren’t enough, how about the prayer that I posted yesterday, before I even knew that it was going to be the Solemnity of Saint Francis of Assisi Mass celebrated today. Of course, I will repeat it today…
Prayer: (Saint Francis Prayer)
- Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
- Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
- Where there is injury, pardon.
- Where there is doubt, faith.
- Where there is despair, hope.
- Where there is darkness, light.
- Where there is sadness, joy.
- O Divine Master,
- grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
- to be understood, as to understand;
- to be loved, as to love.
- For it is in giving that we receive.
- It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
- and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
- I ask this, as always, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit. Amen.