Gift: Wisdom– With the gift of wisdom, we see God at work in our lives and in the world. For the wise person, the wonders of nature, historical events, and the ups and downs of our lives take on deeper meaning. The matters of judgment about the truth, and being able to see the image of God.
Reading: I know indeed how to live in humble circumstances; I know also how to live with abundance. In every circumstance and in all things I have learned the secret of being well fed and of going hungry, of living in abundance and of being in need. My God will fully supply whatever you need, in accord with his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father, glory forever and ever. Amen. (Philippians 4:12:19-20)
Observation: It is dangerous to say that I know humble circumstances, because I know it could be much worse. However, my family is living on a poverty level wage with a sister-in-law that moved in with us with her son, in a just over 1000 square foot home. We are thankful to God for keeping us in our home, and I know that things could be much worse. I think we have learned to live somewhat humbly. As for the living with abundance, I would say that I would like to get the chance to try that again, but the truth is we are living in abundance now. We always have enough food to eat, and if we didn’t, we know where to go to get some pretty easily. There are many people living in the world today that would love to live in the abundance that we live in. So, I guess I need to work on not just recognizing the abundance that we live in, but be joyful in the understanding that it is really abundance, that which this world would call poverty.
Personification: Peace I will display the fruit of peace today. It is my hope that whatever today brings me, I can be attentive to the holy Spirit and however God is prompting me to move. I have some things that I have scheduled in my day to do today, but I will allow them to be done in God’s time, not mine.
Prayer: Lord, help me to display the fruit of peace in my day today. I ask this, as always, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit. Amen.
Saint Francis Prayer
- Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
- Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
- Where there is injury, pardon.
- Where there is doubt, faith.
- Where there is despair, hope.
- Where there is darkness, light.
- Where there is sadness, joy.
- O Divine Master,
- grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
- to be understood, as to understand;
- to be loved, as to love.
- For it is in giving that we receive.
- It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
- and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
- In The Morning… (beardedhac.wordpress.com)
- [Suffering for Doing Good] Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. (richardangulo.wordpress.com)
- Humility (extremekic.wordpress.com)