Gift: Piety (Reverence) – With the gift of reverence, sometimes called piety, we have a deep sense of respect for God and the Church. A person with reverence recognizes our total reliance on God and comes before God with humility, trust, and love.
Reading: 34″Then in anger his master handed him over to the torturers until he should pay back the whole debt.*35* So will my heavenly Father do to you, unless each of you forgives his brother from his heart.” (Matthew18:34-35)
Observation: After Sunday’s tirade through the temple and today’s mention of the wrath of God that will come to anyone who does not forgive his brother, I am thoroughly convinced that Jesus is telling me that properly placed anger is definitely part of God’s will. I don’t believe this gives me the right to judge anyone, but when something is evil and has the intentional harm of others as part of its foundation, I am allowed to be angry with it. I will never hate the sinner, but I will always hate the evil.
Personification: Peace I hope that I can display the fruit of peace to everyone that I meet today. Mostly to my family, but also to my extended church family. We will see how it goes…God is enough to make it happen!
Prayer: (Saint Francis Prayer)
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.Where there is hatred, let me sow love.Where there is injury, pardon.Where there is doubt, faith.Where there is despair, hope.Where there is darkness, light.Where there is sadness, joy.
- O Divine Master,
- grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
- to be understood, as to understand;
- to be loved, as to love.
- For it is in giving that we receive.
- It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
- and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
- In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit. Amen.
- “How often shall I forgive?” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- Lord, if my brother sins against me, … (tvaraj2inspirations.wordpress.com)
- Do this so you can forgive (cinhosa.wordpress.com)